The Certified Lean Expert course provides a complete package of education, application, and coaching for those seeking to lead major projects, address complex problems, and advise project teams.
The curriculum for this class expands upon the Certified Lean Practitioner course and includes advanced topics required by those seeking to create a sustainable organization.
Leveraging a powerful, yet easy to navigate, learning management system, this course provides a variety of educational techniques. Examples include video presentations, articles, podcasts, discussion forums, and a team-based project.
- 100% online, for 7 weeks, with weekly student team meetings and a weekly check-in with the instructor and coach
- Blended, or flipped classroom approach, with online and 7 half-day in-person coaching and instruction sessions
- Customized programs for organizations with 8 to 16 candidates – your chance to run multiple projects and see incredible results
- You will have assignments which need to be completed every week for online and every other week for the blended approach
- Leverage a package of online tools through a state-of-the-art learning management system
- Receive coaching from an instructor at every step along the way; you will not be alone on this journey of discovery
- Take a certification exam and have the opportunity to earn personal recognition as a Certified Lean Expert
- Begin taking a leadership role in the lean community and start giving back to those following in your footsteps
- Your time investment will need to be about 8 to 12 hours per week
Immediate Return on Investment
- Throughout the entire course, you will work a lean problem solving project to create quantifiable improvements and achieve immediate results
- The problem solving approach will leverage an enhanced version of the technique known as “A3 Problem Solving”
- You will be the problem solver for your own project and receive coaching support from your instructor and fellow students
- You will develop your coaching skills by helping other students with their projects – an intense and productive learning experience
What People Are Saying
“We have come a long way in a short time. I felt somewhat defeated by the serious flaws in our problem solving management habits. The lean expert training has been critical as we develop the problem solving capability we have been searching for.” – Jodi Lynn Walsh, Development Strategy and Lean Deployment, Lexmark
“Transformance Advisors has one of the best lean programs on the market today. It’s truly a must do for any company that’s serious about their improvement transformation.” – Jeff Roach, Operations Manager, Wagner Paint Systems – Industrial Solutions
“The team at Transformance Advisors has put together a great lean transformation program.” – Chris Stone, Project Manager, Rocky Mountain Trade Adjustment Assistance Center
- Module 1: The Art of Problem Solving
- Module 2: Articulate the Situation
- Module 3: Identify Root Cause
- Module 4: Develop Countermeasures
- Module 5: Implement Changes
- Module 6: Create Standardization
- Module 7: Develop Repeatable Process
Module 1: The Art of Problem Solving
- Problem Solving
- Assessing Organizations
- Problem Selection
- What is Coaching?
- Coaching Tip 1
Module 2: Articulate the Situation
- Identify the Problem
- SWOT Analysis
- Current vs. Future Situation
- Stakeholder Value
- Coaching Tip 2
Module 3: Identify Root Cause
- Equipment Effectiveness
- Root Cause Analysis
- Statements of Fact
- Coaching Tip 3
Module 4: Develop Countermeasures
- Workplace Organization
- Best Practices
- Creating Consensus
- Coaching Tip 4
Module 5: Implement Changes
- Kaizen Blitz Events
- Effective Meetings
- Gap Analysis
- Implementation Planning
- Coaching Tip 5
Module 6: Create Standardization
- Standard Work
- Gemba Walks
- Coaching Tip 6
- Lean Education Standards
Module 7: Develop Repeatable Process
- Sustainable Organizations
- Repeatable Processes
- Coaching Tip 7
- Certification Exam
What People Are Saying
“I highly recommend the Certified Lean Expert program to anyone seeking to be a great problem solver. This program will give you a new vocabulary, a new way to think, and a new way to create value.” – Richard Hewitt, Senior Analyst, CenturyLink Consumer Markets
“The Certified Lean Expert program uses an exceptionally effective approach leveraging classroom instruction, hands-on application with your own improvement project, and a package of online tools.” – Steve Smith, Vice President, Toward Zero
“The Certified Lean Expert program is great for lean enthusiasts seeking to find and eliminate the root cause of the most difficult problems.” – Mike Loughrin, CEO, Transformance Advisors
- Participants have telephone, email, and online support to discuss progress
- Instructors are experienced experts able to help participants respond to challenges
- The learning management system is easy to navigate and includes an extensive “help” feature
- Materials include templates and samples that significantly enhance effectiveness
- Online discussion forums allow students to engage one another and build a support community
Who Should Attend Certified Lean Expert?
This program is designed for all types of individuals.
- Customer Service
- Project Leadership
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain
What People Are Saying
“Transformance Advisors has one of the best lean programs on the market today. It’s truly a must do for any company that’s serious about their improvement transformation.” – Jeff Roach, Operations Manager, Wagner Industrial Solutions
“I was able to apply the tools and methods learned during the lean training program to realize immediate financial and process benefits.” – Frann Lubash, Continuous Process Improvement Manager, Cabela’s
- Order Management
- Product Development
- New Hire Orientation
- Business Development
- Master Scheduling
- Market Research
- Promotion Planning
- Sales & Operations Planning
- Cycle Counting
- Career Development
- Demand Forecasting
A lean problem solving approach works on any process which has waste!
Public Classes for Certified Lean Expert
Pricing is $1,500 for 100% online classes and $1,800 for a flipped classroom approach which includes 7 half-day in-person coaching and instruction sessions.
Click here for more information and registration.
Private Classes for Certified Lean Expert
Contact us to discuss bringing this program to your organization.
We can help you educate 8 to 16 people and run 4 to 8 lean improvement projects in 14 weeks.
Please send an email to Transformance Advisors and we will get right back to you.
Don’t miss future editions of the Transformance Communiqué, the newsletter designed for those serious about crafting sustainable organizations:
Click here to create your own account.