Advanced Problem Solving
The Certified Lean Expert course provides a complete package of education, application, and coaching for those seeking to lead major projects, address complex problems, and advise project teams.
The curriculum for this class expands upon the Certified Lean Practitioner course and includes advanced topics required by those seeking to become coaches and problem solvers charged with creating a sustainable organization.
Leveraging a powerful, yet easy to navigate, learning management system, this course provides a variety of educational techniques. Examples include video presentations, articles, podcasts, discussion forums, and a team-based project.
- 100% online, for 7 weeks, with weekly student team meetings and a weekly check-in with the instructor and coach
- Blended, or flipped classroom approach, with online and 7 half-day in-person coaching and instruction sessions
- Customized programs for organizations with 8 to 16 candidates – your chance to run multiple projects and see incredible results
This course has everything you need:
- A package of online tools you will access through a state-of-the-art learning management system
- Assignments you will need to complete every week for online and every other week for the blended approach
- A problem solving project designed to deliver improvements and show the power of a coaching-based problem solving approach
- Coaching from an instructor at every step along the way; you will not be alone on this journey of discovery
- A certification exam with the opportunity to earn personal recognition as a Certified Lean Expert
- Networking opportunities for taking a leadership role, in the lean community, by giving back to those following in your footsteps
Throughout the entire course, you will work a lean problem solving project to create quantifiable improvements and achieve immediate results. The problem solving approach will leverage an enhanced version of the technique known as “A3 Problem Solving.”
You will be the problem solver for your own project and receive coaching support from your instructor and fellow students. You will develop your coaching skills by helping other students with their projects – an intense and productive learning experience.
Your time investment will need to be about 8 to 12 hours per week.
“After a couple of months, the return on our training investment, with Transformance Advisors, has been realized multiple times over.”
“Quinlan Executive Education has appreciated the opportunity to partner with the Transformance Advisors team in the design and delivery of a extremely successful supply chain management program for one of our key corporate clients.”
“The team from Transformance Advisors could not have been more flexible and adaptable in helping us deliver a customized supply chain management program for one of our corporate clients.”
“The lean certification program, from Transformance Advisors, will make a huge impact for the better on the quality of your work. It will help you transform your company.”
“Transformance Advisors has a fantastic lean program which is very comprehensive and engaging. The course includes in-depth discussions which frequently lead to highly interactive debates and sharing of experiences from 100% of the attendees.”
“The lean training, from Transformance Advisors, is a great resource for making your lean transformation.”
“Transformance Advisors has an excellent lean certification program. Great interactive discussions on material and application by students and instructors.”
“Mike Loughrin is an excellent instructor who gets all participants engaged in discussions and the thought processes regarding lean practices.”
“I’ve been doing lean work in one form or another for almost 10 years. During the lean certification program, I discovered refined approaches and new viewpoints around every corner. I highly recommend this program to any lean practitioner.”
“We met my goal to achieve a 50% reduction in the time spent by our management team in the weekly production meeting.”
“The Supply Chain Management program, from Loyola University Chicago, in collaboration with Transformance Advisors, opened our eyes to relevant industry best practices. We shared this knowledge with our S&OP stakeholders and made exciting improvements to our process.”
“The lean training program, from Transformance Advisors, provides a comprehensive set of tools and techniques which will help you implement lean in any organization.”
“Transformance Advisors makes a polarizing topic, lean, into a fun and understandable philosophy which can easily be adapted to any area within any organization.”
“The lean training program, from Transformance Advisors, is highly interactive and the instructors are excellent. We were able to learn and apply the knowledge to real life projects while engaging with like-minded participants from other companies.”
“The lean training program, from Transformance Advisors, has an excellent balance of theory and practice. The instructors go the extra mile to help students achieve their projects and goals.”
“The lean training program, from Transformance Advisors, far exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend the course to anyone who is serious about eliminating waste and driving organizational change.”
1. The Art of Problem Solving
2. Articulate the Situation
3. Identify Root Cause
4. Develop Countermeasures
5. Implement Changes
6. Create Standardization
7. Develop Repeatable Process
The Art of Problem Solving
What is Coaching?
Asking Open Questions
Articulate the Situation
Define the Problem
Current vs. Desired Situation
Identify Root Cause
Root Cause Analysis
Statements of Fact
The Grow Model
Kaizen Blitz Events
Experience Lack of Direction
Develop Repeatable Process
Creating A Repeatable Process
“I highly recommend the Certified Lean Expert program to anyone seeking to be a great problem solver. This program will give you a new vocabulary, a new way to think, and a new way to create value.”
You won't be alone:
- Participants have telephone, email, and online support to discuss progress
- Instructors are experienced experts able to help participants respond to challenges
- The learning management system is easy to navigate and includes an extensive "help" feature
- Materials include templates and samples which significantly enhance effectiveness
- Online discussion forums allow students to engage one another and build a support community
Who Should Attend Certified Lean Expert?
This program is designed for all types of individuals:
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain
“Transformance Advisors has one of the best lean programs on the market today. It’s truly a must do for any company serious about their improvement transformation.”
- Order Management
- Product Development
- New Hire Orientation
- Business Development
- Master Scheduling
- Market Research
- Promotion Planning
- Sales & Operations Planning
- Cycle Counting
- Career Development
- Demand Forecasting
A lean problem solving approach works on any process which has waste!
Public Classes for Certified Lean Expert
Pricing is $1,200 for 100% online classes and $1,500 for a flipped classroom approach which includes 7 half-day in-person coaching and instruction sessions.
Click here for more information and registration.
Private Classes for Certified Lean Expert
Contact us to discuss bringing this program to your organization.
We can help you educate 8 to 16 people and run 4 to 8 lean problem solving projects.
Please send an email to Transformance Advisors and we will get right back to you.