Six Disciplines is a comprehensive strategy execution program designed for small and medium sized organizations. Our program significantly improves your results by compounding the synergistic effects of four critical components working together:
- Methodology: While following a methodology (a blueprint, framework, process, approach, etc.) is very useful, it will only offer you so much benefit – if it is used only by itself.
- Coaching: While coaching (executive coaching, business coaching, individual coaching, etc.) can be very effective, it will only offer you and your organization a limited return on investment – if it is used only by itself.
- Software: While software (balanced scorecards, cascading goals, executive dashboards, performance appraisals, etc.) can be very useful, it can become just another tool that’s rarely used or not used to its potential – if it is used only by itself.
- Community: While a shared learning community (coaches, developers, organizations, individuals, etc.) can be very enriching, you cannot stay connected and obtain the kind of accelerating organizational learning you need – if it is used only by itself.
None of these components by themselves will produce the results you’re looking for. However, when you combine these components, synergy occurs that is much greater than the sum of the parts, and as a result, your ability to execute strategy increases geometrically.
“Since using Six Disciplines, we’ve seen significant increases in our numbers. Our gross margin has increased incrementally, and our profits have increased by more than 300%. Choosing Six Disciplines was the best business decision I have ever made!” – Paul Kramer, President, Kramer Enterprises
The Six Disciplines methodology is a synchronized and systematic approach for building your business.
It puts together, into one integrated step-by-step process, what has formerly been thought of as different disciplines. The six fundamental disciplines involve strategy, planning, organizing, executing, innovating, and organizational learning – each having a series of steps.
You can think of the Six Disciplines methodology as a series of annual, quarterly, weekly, and daily cycles. With each successive pass, you and your team will learn how to communicate, collaborate, and perform better.
“I knew when I was named President, there had to be a better way. When I discovered Six Disciplines, I found what I was looking for. The Six Disciplines methodology works. All employees now know where our company is going and how they personally help achieve company goals.” – Jill Kegler, President, Kellermeyer Company
Six Disciplines coaches are not your run-of-the-mill tell-you-what-you-want-to-hear consultants. Organizations report that the relationship with their Six Disciplines coach very quickly becomes a trusted advisor relationship that lasts – very similar to the relationships you already have with your certified public accountant, your attorney, or your banker.
Our approach works because our Six Disciplines business coaches understand that progressing from strategy development to daily execution requires solving needs for all layers in your organization.
Your certified coach will help your leadership team decide what’s important during an annual planning retreat and work to cascade this strategy through the organization so that all individuals are executing the right activities on a daily basis.
“Our management team always knew what we should be doing. There was never any debate or conflict of opinion about our priorities. Now we’re actually accomplishing them, in an orderly and effective way. Six Disciplines has accelerated everything.” – Richard Smith, Owner and CEO, Laser Image Corporate Printing
Software can make strategy execution easier – but only if it’s a component of a complete program that includes a repeatable methodology, business coaching, and a community of users.
Research has shown that execution software needs to include:
- Methodology automation
- Progress tracking
- Time management
- Organizational engagement
- Activity alignment
- Execution measurement
At Transformance Advisors, we understand the usefulness of software. The team at Six Disciplines has a 30-year heritage of developing innovative business software and the developers have deep expertise using leading-edge technologies. As a result, the software component of the Six Disciplines program is designed to make it easier for you to craft strategy, build solid plans, organize resources, execute effectively, and measure results.
The specialized software is integrated with Microsoft Outlook providing a fast and effective means to get up and running with the Six Disciplines methodology. You will see alignment of strategic initiatives crafted during the leadership team planning retreat right through to the projects and action items created in individual planning workshops. In addition, you will also shine a bright light on activities that are not aligned with strategic initiatives – the items that could be wasting time and other resources.
“With Six Disciplines, we increased sales 72%, with fewer people, in a down economy. The power of deciding what to stop doing is amazing!” – Kip Winzeler, CFO, TRUFAST Fastening Solutions
A complete strategy development and execution program depends upon the power of community to drive the development and sharing of best practices. The Six Disciplines community changes the economics for implementing such a program for many organizations.
Leveraging contributions from participants in the community means that small and medium sized organizations can succeed with a comprehensive program that does not require large investments in time and money.
Improvements to the methodology and software are provided by the corporate staff at Six Disciplines. The certified coaches work with multiple organizations, attend advanced educational conferences, and are connected to each other for sharing ideas. The various organizations that practice the program are able to exchange ideas through numerous channels.
All individuals in the community can connect and share ideas via LinkedIn and other tools.
“Mike Loughrin provided a wonderful session on Strategy Execution at the APICS international conference! I learned a lot and am looking forward to using some of the concepts and knowledge gained in my business unit when I get home.” – Jeremiah Shultz, Materials & Warehousing Manager, Solar Turbines
Putting it all Together
We have assembled all of the components which provide an incredibly effective means of strategy execution for any organization:
- The Six Disciplines methodology is a synchronized and systematic approach for building your business.
- As your coach, we understand that progressing from strategy development to daily execution requires solving needs for all layers in your organization.
- The software component of the Six Disciplines program is designed to make it easier for you to craft strategy, build solid plans, organize resources, execute effectively, and measure results.
- Our community of like-minded organizations provides access to others that are taking the same journey. Soon enough, you will be able to contribute in a manner that improves the community and increases the value you receive.
“Six Disciplines has improved the alignment of our management team’s daily activities to the company’s strategic initiatives. Everything is in alignment, which creates additional value for our customers and shareholders.” – Todd W. Roberts, CEO, Total Fleet Solutions
Work on the Business
It’s time to “work on the business” and not “work in the business.”
Our program will help you achieve your vision, accomplish your mission, make more money, prepare to sell, work less, or just get back to having fun.