A Complete Package
This Supply Chain Management course provides a complete package of education, application, and coaching which will arm you with the knowledge required to work more effectively with customers, suppliers, and coworkers.
Whether 100% online, or employing the “flipped classroom,” this course is extremely effective in teaching participants the best practices and emerging trends in supply chain management.
Leveraging a powerful, yet easy to navigate, learning management system, this course provides a variety of educational techniques. Examples include video presentations, articles, podcasts, discussion forums, and a team-based project.
- 100% online, for 7 weeks, with weekly student team meetings and a weekly check-in with the instructor and coach
- Blended, or flipped classroom approach, with online and 7 half-day in-person coaching and instruction sessions
- Customized programs for organizations with 8 to 16 candidates – your chance to learn, debate, and begin making immediate improvements
One Hot Topic
A recent article in Bloomberg Businessweek states that “one of the hottest tickets in business schools these days isn’t consulting jobs or investment banking positions; it’s a job that wasn’t on the radar just a few years ago: supply chain management.”
A study by the Georgia Center of Innovation for Logistics declares “nearly 200,000 U.S. supply chain management jobs will go unfilled each year through 2018 for lack of qualified talent.”
This course has everything you need:
- A package of online tools you will access through a state-of-the-art learning management system
- Assignments you will need to complete every week for online and every other week for the blended approach
- Multiple rounds of The Fresh Connection, an interactive team-based business simulation where you will make strategic executive-level decisions in a high-pressure environment
- Assessments you can use to identify improvement opportunities for your organization
- Coaching from an instructor at every step along the way; you will not be alone on this journey of discovery
- A certificate of completion you can frame and display for all to see
Your time investment will need to be about 8 to 12 hours per week.
“After a couple of months, the return on our training investment, with Transformance Advisors, has been realized multiple times over.”
“Quinlan Executive Education has appreciated the opportunity to partner with the Transformance Advisors team in the design and delivery of a extremely successful supply chain management program for one of our key corporate clients.”
“The team from Transformance Advisors could not have been more flexible and adaptable in helping us deliver a customized supply chain management program for one of our corporate clients.”
“The lean certification program, from Transformance Advisors, will make a huge impact for the better on the quality of your work. It will help you transform your company.”
“Transformance Advisors has a fantastic lean program which is very comprehensive and engaging. The course includes in-depth discussions which frequently lead to highly interactive debates and sharing of experiences from 100% of the attendees.”
“The lean training, from Transformance Advisors, is a great resource for making your lean transformation.”
“Transformance Advisors has an excellent lean certification program. Great interactive discussions on material and application by students and instructors.”
“Mike Loughrin is an excellent instructor who gets all participants engaged in discussions and the thought processes regarding lean practices.”
“I’ve been doing lean work in one form or another for almost 10 years. During the lean certification program, I discovered refined approaches and new viewpoints around every corner. I highly recommend this program to any lean practitioner.”
“We met my goal to achieve a 50% reduction in the time spent by our management team in the weekly production meeting.”
“The Supply Chain Management program, from Loyola University Chicago, in collaboration with Transformance Advisors, opened our eyes to relevant industry best practices. We shared this knowledge with our S&OP stakeholders and made exciting improvements to our process.”
“The lean training program, from Transformance Advisors, provides a comprehensive set of tools and techniques which will help you implement lean in any organization.”
“Transformance Advisors makes a polarizing topic, lean, into a fun and understandable philosophy which can easily be adapted to any area within any organization.”
“The lean training program, from Transformance Advisors, is highly interactive and the instructors are excellent. We were able to learn and apply the knowledge to real life projects while engaging with like-minded participants from other companies.”
“The lean training program, from Transformance Advisors, has an excellent balance of theory and practice. The instructors go the extra mile to help students achieve their projects and goals.”
“The lean training program, from Transformance Advisors, far exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend the course to anyone who is serious about eliminating waste and driving organizational change.”
The Fresh Connection
The Fresh Connection is a team-based business simulation which provides an exceptional means for learning how to lead a business by practicing collaboration and consensus building:
- Teams of four collaborate to save a failing company
- Each team member selects one of four functional roles: sales, purchasing, operations, or supply chain
- Participants learn best practices and emerging trends through hands-on experience
- Collaboration and consensus building skills are developed as teams compete across multiple rounds
- Leadership and presentation skills are demonstrated as teams report their performance to a board of directors
The successful team will craft the best strategy and align all four functional disciplines. Winning is about generating the best ROI for the business while meeting your own key performance indicators.
Learn more about The Fresh Connection.
“The Fresh Connection is a great way to learn and practice how collaboration can lead to customer satisfaction and financial success.”
“The Fresh Connection is a great learning tool which makes you think like an executive. You must link supply chain strategy to the business strategy and deal with the financial ramifications of your decisions.”
“The best part about The Fresh Connection experience were the rapid-fire troubleshooting conversations with my teammates. We were up against very talented competitors which made us think hard and fast about solving the problems.”
“The Fresh Connection brought a level of excitement to the classroom which I had never experienced before. I enjoyed the opportunity to collaborate with my teammates to save our failing company”
“The Fresh Connection simulation is the best tool I have seen for gaining an understanding of how decisions by various functional areas are intertwined with other areas and have a direct impact on ROI.”
“You don’t just jump into a fighter jet to tear around the sky before making a spectacular crash landing. You need to spend time in a simulator!”
1. Competitive Advantage
2. Creating Alignment
3. Demand Management & Customer Service
4. Supply Management & Capacity Planning
5. Material Planning & Procurement
6. Supply Chain Echelons
7. Supply Chain Strategy
What is Supply Chain Management?
Supply and Value Chains
Sales & Operations Planning
Demand Management & Customer Service
Types of Demand
Supply Management & Capacity Planning
Types of Supply
Material Planning & Procurement
Types of Inventory
Supply Chain Echelons
Supply Chain Strategy
Developing a Strategy
“I really enjoyed the Supply Chain Management course from Transformance Advisors. It was great to step back from the daily grind to learn about best practices and then challenge ourselves to apply the concepts in our organization.”
“The quality of information provided in the Supply Chain Management course, from Transformance Advisors, was key to our experience. It was presented in a way which allowed our team to immediately incorporate improvements into our business analysis and sales presentation processes.”
“The Supply Chain Management program, from Loyola University Chicago, in collaboration with Transformance Advisors was an awesome experience. The faculty was extremely knowledgeable in all facets of supply chain and helped those new to the material, like myself, get acclimated to the supply chain real-world environment.”
“The Supply Chain Management course was an outstanding opportunity to enhance my career as shipping coordinator. I now have a very strong understanding of the whole supply chain process. I really enjoyed this course!”
“I recommend the Supply Chain Management course to people, like me, who are senior operations leaders responsible for ensuring their processes are leveraging best practices and staying current with new developments and emerging trends.”
You won't be alone:
- Participants have telephone, email, and online support to discuss progress
- Instructors are experienced experts able to help participants respond to challenges
- The learning management system is easy to navigate and includes an extensive "help" feature
- Materials include templates and samples which significantly enhance effectiveness
- Online discussion forums allow students to engage one another and build a support community
Who Should Attend Supply Chain Management?
- Anyone who comes into contact with customers or suppliers
- Anyone who impacts the flow of materials, services, or information
- Those with experience seeking to learn about best practices and emerging trends
- Information technology professionals who build and support the systems used to manage supply chains
- Financial professionals who analyze and report on supply chain activities which impact the balance sheet and income statement
- Human resource specialists who recruit for relevant positions and support training, retention, and career development programs
- Those who will be part of improvement initiatives such as a lean transformation or implementing an ERP system
- Those just getting started in the field of supply chain management or a related discipline
This course is ideal for those with an undergraduate degree and three or more years experience in one or more roles relating to sales, customer service, operations, logistics, procurement, scheduling, information technology, finance, human resources, or continuous improvement.
For those with advanced degrees, professional certifications, or extensive experience, this course is a great way to gain a deeper understanding of the imperative for alignment across all functional areas. The assignments provide an excellent opportunity for leaders to discuss best practices and emerging trends with their team.
“The Supply Chain Management course, utilizing The Fresh Connection simulation, was a great way to learn the impact of your decisions in a no risk environment. Great course!”
“The Supply Chain Management course, with The Fresh Connection, provides a holistic approach to learning in a way which pushes an organization to collaborate and work together to maximize customer satisfaction and return on investment.”
“The Supply Chain Management course is much more relevant for today’s organizations than other courses I have taken in the past. The course provided me with the knowledge organizations were asking for during my search for a new job.”
“The Supply Chain Management course helped me understand industry lingo, key concepts, and why it is so important to have a knowledgeable supply chain team.”
“The Supply Chain Management Course was a great learning experience. During The Fresh Connection business simulation, I enjoyed working in teams, learning from others points of view, and collaborating to see the cause and effect relationship of our decisions.”
Public Classes for Supply Chain Management
Pricing is $1,200 for 100% online classes and $1,500 for a flipped classroom approach which includes 7 half-day in-person coaching and instruction sessions.
Click here for more information and registration.
Contact us to discuss bringing this course to your organization.
We can help educate your team and get everyone on the same page and pulling in the right direction.
Please send an email to Transformance Advisors.