A Business Simulation
The Fresh Connection is an interactive team-based business simulation that provides an exceptional means for learning how to lead a business by practicing collaboration and consensus building.
“This is an excellent platform for learning the importance of collaboration across the extended supply chain.” — Peter Surtees, Director of European Supply Chain at Kimberly-Clark
“The Fresh Connection was a challenging test of decision making, commercial awareness, and learning agility that requires each individual to understand the impact of their role and actions on the profitability of the whole business.” — Adam Lockwood, Supply Development Manager at Mars UK
Imagine Your New Job
Imagine a situation in which you have just joined the leadership team for a company where costs are out of control and customer expectations are not being met.
You have one of the following roles:
- VP of Sales
- VP of Operations
- VP of Purchasing
- VP of Supply Chain
Your new company has been in business for over a century. However, recent performance has been poor; ROI has been negative, and the board of directors is nervous.
Problems Are Everywhere
This does not seem to be the same place they described during your job interview.
The daily sales and operations meeting covers the same agenda with the following issues:
- Inventory fluctuates from way too high one week to severe shortages the next.
- Suppliers are unpredictable, serving up daily surprises of quality and delivery problems.
- Operations always seems to be changing over the equipment or making the wrong stuff.
- Customers are tired of the poor service and demanding that you cut your prices – or else!
The CEO has challenged you to improve performance and increase ROI. If improvement is not quick, then heads will roll.
To make it even more difficult, your competitors are not sitting back. They are seeking to take full advantage of this opportunity to defeat you and your company.
Given this stressful and fast moving environment, you wonder if you have the knowledge to save not only this company, but also save your own career!
What’s This About?
The Fresh Connection is an interactive team-based business simulation:
- Teams of four work together to save a failing company.
- Each team member will select one of four functional roles: purchasing, operations, sales, or supply chain management.
- Participants make strategic executive level decisions in a high-pressure environment.
- Every decision has trade-offs, both within and across the four roles.
- Participants learn about best practices and emerging trends through hands-on experience.
- Collaboration and consensus building skills are developed as teams compete across multiple rounds.
The successful team will craft the best strategy and align all four functional disciplines. Winning is about generating the best ROI for the business while meeting your own Key Performance Indicators.
“I was totally addicted to my role as VP of Sales and could not wait to collaborate with my teammates to improve our performance and beat our competitors; an educational experience that exceeded my wildest imaginations.” — Mike Loughrin, CEO at Transformance Advisors
“The Fresh Connection (TFC) creates greater alignment and a deeper understanding in the world’s biggest and best businesses. In the Fortune Global 500, 40% of the top 100 manufacturing businesses are using TFC. In the Gartner Supply Chain Top 25, over 50% are using TFC.” — Hans Kremer, Partner at Inchainge
“One of the many great aspects of The Fresh Connection is its ability to present the importance of structured communication and demonstrate the cost of not communicating effectively.” — Ali Leghaei, Chief Financial Officer at MRL Logistics
“The Fresh Connection is a great learning tool that makes you think like an executive. You must link supply chain strategy to the business strategy and deal with the financial ramifications of your decisions.” — Paul Vanderspek, Clinical Faculty Supply Chain Management at Colorado State University
“The Fresh Connection is an exceptional tool for gaining a deeper understanding of the cross-functional collaboration that must occur for organizations to compete and win.” — Ally Conrad, Events Manager at Transformance Advisors
Learning through experience in 10 times more powerful than classical training. The Fresh Connection is a different way of learning that puts participants at the heart of a lifelike simulation so they can experience the impact of every decision they make.
By participating in multiple rounds, participants see the results of their decisions, reflect on what happened, are introduced to new concepts, and then apply what they learned in the next round. It is this “Magic Circle” that makes The Fresh Connection so powerful.
“The Fresh Connection is a very contemporary and effective way to learn. I loved seeing the light bulb go off in people’s eyes when they fully appreciate what it means to develop a strategy and create alignment.” — Chuck Nemer, CEO at The Guru of Biz
“The best part about The Fresh Connection experience was the rapid-fire troubleshooting conversations with my team mates. We knew we were up against very talented competitors, and that, coupled with the simulation’s speedy interface, made us think hard and fast about solving the problems. Gaining alignment of all functional areas has never been so much fun!” — Cate Lawrence, Principal of Lawrence Research Associates
Who Will Benefit?
- Anyone that comes into contact with customers or suppliers.
- Anyone that impacts the flow of materials or information.
- Those with experience seeking to learn about best practices and emerging trends.
- Information technology professionals that build and support the systems used for managing a supply chain.
- Those that will be part of improvement initiatives such as creating a lean supply chain or implementing an ERP system.
- Those just getting started in the field of supply chain management.
“Every salesperson wants to be the best at selling, but if he does so to the detriment of the rest of the company, there’s no long-term future. This comes crystal clear by experiencing The Fresh Connection.” — Niels Meijer, International Sales Manager at Lamb Weston
Your Best Option
Experience The Fresh Connection and learn about best practices and emerging trends in our Hybrid Supply Chain Management course.
This comprehensive course includes:
- 32 hours of instructor-led education and discussion
- A package of online tools that includes presentations, articles, quizzes, and exams
- Multiple rounds of The Fresh Connection whereby teams compete against one another to increase ROI by developing a strategy and creating alignment
Read how the bullwhip effect creates the need for supply chain alignment
Join the 2017 competition and team building event
click here to create your own account.
Contact the team at Transformance Advisors for information on how we can help with:
Please send an email to Transformance Advisors.